Friday, February 28, 2014

Makeup Palettes I want and own

If you know me well, you know that over the years I have gotten really into makeup, but this is the first year I really transitioned my game into a full face most days and bothered to learn how to do a non-stage makeup face. Meaning I didn't wear eye shadow other than for stage makeup. Now I know how to look like a normal person. That's fun.
I've also really gotten into watching YouTube, especially "Beauty Gurus." This has an issue of making me become a VIP at Sephora, spending lots at the Body Shop, and lusting after products.
I figured I should post about the eye shadow palettes I want to get eventually, because maybe someone else will comment and curb my enthusiasm? Or.... help my addiction.

Too Faced's "The Chocolate Bar" Palette
Ain't that pretty? It smells like chocolate even. I really like that the colours are very relaxed, other than that pink one, which I probably wouldn't use. I'm interested in trying out the purple. I love the packaging and I've seen so many great tutorials using looks from here.

NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette
This beautiful palette is a limited edition, so I probably won't have time to save up and buy it before it leaves. Unfortunately. Because it looks so awesome and I want to try NARS products.

Urban Decay Naked 1 or 2. Which one do I want? AHHHH 
 At the top is Urban Decay Naked, the bottom is the Naked 2. I'm just getting a makeup boner looking at the pigmentation of those shadows. I've heard that the packaging for the 2 is a lot sturdier because it's metal, not cardboard. Urban Decay is a cruelty-free brand. Love that. I'm so into "Creep" and "Gunmetal," but 1 is pretty similar to my Clinique quad. Maybe the solution is to buy them separately.

Urban Decay's Naked Basics


I bought this palette over Reading Week in Ottawa because I felt like I needed some matte shadow. A shimmery eye every day is kinda excessive. I like that "Crave" is still dark enough for eyeliner and "faint" is perfect for the crease. I'm not sold on "foxy" or "walk of shame" yet, but I'm going to watch more tutorials to see how they use them. "Venus" is a good stand-in for my Benefit "Milk It" for the inner eye brightening.

Clinique "All About Shadow" Quad in 03 "Morning Java"


This was my first eye shadow palette since middle school. I had gone into Clinique expecting to buy one of the golden eye shadow sticks but ended up getting this. Clinique's site says that the colours are "goldens to greens". The lightest one on the left doesn't show up much so I don't use it much other than to attempt to highlight my brow bone. The darkest one is great for a lighter smokey eye, especially for the crease and a more brown eyeliner. Included in the quad is a sticker that explains where to put the shadows on your eyes. Other than the light shade not showing up much, the design is nice.
Clinique is also a cruelty-free brand and they use less harsh chemicals for my sensitive skin.

Since buying the Basics palette, I have started combining the two. It makes a beautiful combination when I make a smokey eye out of them, and they seem to help each other last longer. I'd like to avoid getting an eyeshadow primer for as long as possible because they cost money and I haven't been extremely impressed with my face primer yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment