Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Favourites - Beauty, Skincare, Music, Decor, & Activities

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

n



My favourite playlist on Spotify (other than my own!) is the Relax & Unwind one. It's exactly how it sounds- super chill and folksy. I love listening to it in the evening, or while I'm practicing yoga at home, because it encourages me to be more fluid with my movements, and make it more dance-like.

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.caIn January I didn't try many new products. My face has been peeling a little with eczema, so my friend recommended I try shea butter. If we're being honest, I made my own shea body butter a few years ago, but forgot about it. Also, everyone always suggests that I put coconut oil on, but I'm pretty allergic to that. 
I went to my local health food store and bought this Shea Butter by Alive: Approved by Nature. It was $8 for 8 oz/227 g, which was a much better deal than a lot of the other ones they had. It helps to warm it up a little bit in your hand and then melt it onto the affected area. After one night of application above my eyes, the eczema was gone! Unfortunately the same can't be said for the eczema in my left elbow or right knee. 

The second skincare favourite is Burt's Bees honey lip balm with vitamin  E. I've normally used their regular balm, so this one helps heal the cracks and peeling on my lips. 

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

One of my favourites for the month is going through all my 2015 photos and putting together a photo book. Check out this blog post to read my thoughts about the process. 

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

My cousin Conrad visited us from Manitoba for an interview, and brought us these lovely tea light holders from his trip to Egypt. They're gorgeous and we love to light them in the evening!

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

People who don't get makeup won't get that this can be my full face of makeup on a regular day. It's true, it's a little excessive, but in the winter I look dead (past vampire dead) so I need all the help I can get to look more alive.
The only new product is my NYX stay matte not flat powder foundation. I like the coverage, it's a lot better than the Body Shop one I've been using for years.
As always, my palette obsession is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I couldn't even tell you which colours are my favourites, because they're all being used at a pretty similar rate. That's how you know it was a good investment in your pallette.

January Favourites - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

Matcha green tea lattes!!! So good! Check out my tips on this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment