Thursday, February 25, 2016

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room!


On Wednesday I was one of the lucky 10 or so people who got accepted to participate in #emptyROM. The premise is simple: get to see and photograph the dinosaur rooms before the museum opened! I was so excited when I saw the post on the ROM's instagram, so I knew I had to try to get in.

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

Look at that! No one is in the shot except for the beautiful dinosaur!
We got to hear cool stories, like this dinosaur was discovered by a student on her first day, and the dig instructor was occupied by his own stuff, figuring she wouldn't find anything important. Oops.

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

It was so awesome to take all the pictures (I had over a hundred in the one hour) with no one in the way.

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

Just me and a t-rex!

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

#emptyROM in the Dinosaur Room! - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

This was one of my favourite shots from the event. I love how the line of the wing matches the architecture!

It was such an awesome way to start my day, and I'm so thankful for the surprise afterward: a free membership for a year! How crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment