Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Terrific and Tasty Tuesday

Well that was a lame title. But it's true. Maybe I'll get better at titles later.
I was very thankful this morning that I wasn't working, because my insomnia kicked in. I woke up at 3am for my 9:30am yoga class. I decided I could skip the class in favour for maybe napping in the morning. That didn't work out, but I did read two books on my Asus tablet turned e-reader, "Shadowplay" (a fantasy novel set several thousand years in the future) and  "Cloche and Dagger". I'm onto my third of the day, another cozy murder mystery, "A Potion to Die For," in time for Halloween. Check out my GoodReads widget on the side to see what else I've been reading. It seems like I'm going to hit my goal of 200 books in 2014. That's awesome.

Pumpkin cinnamon rolls 
I decided I needed to do some baking today to use up some energy. I came across a recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls, and knew I had to try them. I've never actually baked cinnamon rolls (I've done cakes and pull-apart breads, but never the regular thing) despite it being my favourite food. These instructions by Cooking Classy looked straightforward enough, so I made them.
MAN were they good!

And cream cheese icing wowwuhh!!

My neighbour's cat, Timmy really likes to visit for scratches, and I let him into the kitchen a tiny bit, despite being very allergic. I suffered hives for a while after he left, but he was so content getting his belly rubbed and purring that I couldn't let silly hives stop me.
He kept getting confused by the string on the curtains
Kisses from my Timmykins
It was a beautiful day out, so I kept the screen door open to let in the breeze. 15 degrees right before Halloween? I'm definitely not in Ottawa...
Neighbour's Japanese Maple still burning bright


I painted my nails with Essie's "Wicked," my favourite dark, almost black colour. Perfectly vampy.
I hope y'all had a good Tuesday! Tonight we have a choir rehearsal for our concert this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment