Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Saturday night bath featuring Lush's "The Comforter"


I love baths. Or at least, during the prep time before a bath, and the first two minutes in the water, I love baths. Then the heat gets to me and I feel gross about soaking in my own sweat for a while. I'm in there for 15 minutes tops, unless I have cramps and that's why I'm in the tub. Nevertheless, I continue to take a bath maybe once a week. It's a wonderful, indulgent ritual that helps me re-focus myself, even while I'm sweating like a pig.
Last night I was falling asleep during the Senators' game (what?! how can I fall asleep during hockey?!) so I decided I would take a bath and then go to bed early. My parents' house has two bathrooms with tubs, one is theirs and the other is in the guest suite. The plug doesn't keep all the water in the tub, so you hear the water slowly leaking out, which is unfortunate. The wi-fi also doesn't reach there very well, so I can't watch videos in the tub (first world problems). The positive to that bathtub is that it's far away from everyone in the house, so there's lots of peace and quiet.
I filled the bath and used a chunk of my Lush "Comforter" bubble bar.
I hadn't used this bubble bar before, but it was a wonderful experience. My skin was really smooth afterward, and thanks to the epsom salts I added, (and the bath pillow I found under my Mom's sink) the aches in my back went away. It smells really good, too. I would suggest checking it out if you like bubble baths.

http://pinkpeonies.co.za/love-lust-lush-the-comforter/
http://minuteswithkristin.blogspot.ca/2012/02/lush-2-comforter.html

Steps to my perfect bath:

  1. My Starbucks sippy cup full of water (for when I start sweating) and a fresh cup of herbal or green tea to relax
  2. Epsom salts in the water
  3. Bubble bath or a bath fizz
  4. A great book (with my towel close by so I can wipe my hands dry)
  5. Face mask (my current pot is the Body Shop's Nutriganics Smoothing Mask)
  6. Candles (I burned Bath & Body Works' "Mahogany Teakwood" and one I found at Michael's)
  7. Get out after 15 minutes
  8. Body butter

No comments:

Post a Comment