Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Testing out pumpkin smoothies and lattes

Yesterday I opened a large can of pumpkin puree for the cinnamon buns, so now I have to find different ways of using up the puree. The past few years I've definitely been way more into pumpkin stuff--I baked pumpkin loaves, pies, tarts, and there were a few weeks last year where I heated up milk and puree for a latte every day. This year, however, I haven't been too into it. Around Thanksgiving I had my one and only PSL of the year, and it was okay, but not as great as I've remembered. Maybe pumpkin drinks aren't worth the hype? (Except pumpkin pie is phenomenal, and the pumpkin banana loaves I made were delicious.)

All of that aside, I needed to use up the puree in the fridge, 1/3 cup at a time.
After my workout I decided to try out a pumpkin banana protein smoothie.
I tried out this recipe from Simply, Taralynn. I wasn't too fond of that recipe, I think maybe I should've blended it a little longer because the spices were a little too gritty. I'm also not the most fond of using ice in my smoothies. I'm going to keep looking for another one.

In the afternoon I decided to add some puree to my regular iced latte.
I fill up my Magic Bullet blender with ice, pour over some coffee, add milk, and vanilla agave syrup. I scooped in about a 1/3 cup of puree. Again, not phenomenal, but maybe I should've added more puree, it was hard to tell that that was the purpose.
Oh well.

Failing on #WhiteGirlThings

No comments:

Post a Comment