Monday, November 23, 2015

Home to Ottawa - Hometown Tourist



This past weekend I took the train "home" to Ottawa to check out OttawaU for grad school. I'm very scared, but I'm applying to the Master's of Globalization and International Development. I hadn't really wanted to tell people, in case I don't get in, but so many people asked me why I was home, and what I'm planning on doing further from now. I'm currently hard at work on scholarship applications, and very excited about what the future holds for me and Nic.



After talking to professors and to people in the Graduate Studies office, I walked around the Rideau Centre (waaaayyy quieter than the Eaton Centre, I can't believe I used to complain about it) then took a reading break along the river.





Saturday morning, Kelsey and I went to Suzy Q's for doughnuts. We love that place. If you're ever in Ottawa, check it out. 


We also had to go to IKEA, and loved every minute of it. I had such a great time catching up with her. 



Kelsey and her dog, Rogue

I had a great weekend at home, staying with my parents. After my time with Kelsey, I had lunch at my in-laws, and supper with some friends. I certainly missed Nic (five months of marriage on that Friday, and we'd never spent a night apart since the wedding) but it was good to be back. 

Who knows? Maybe we'll be moving there in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment