Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Himmeli Orb DIY


Nic and I really love Scandinavian decor, so I knew I had to make one of these orbs for Christmas. And every other time of year. Be warned, this project (and other Himmeli projects) require serious focus (to get the right tension in your rope) and some patience. Once you do get going, it feels so great!


This was a pretty cheap project for me to do. I had a bag of straws from IKEA for less than $5, twine from Dollarama, and gold spray paint leftover from the wedding.

Follow the instructions at The Design Confidential

Here are some more projects I would like to try out over the years!



1) DIY Himmeli Wreath - TheDecorFix
2) Himmeli Side Table from Copper Pipe - BrittanyMakes
3) Basic Geometric Himmeli Ornament - Vintage Revivals
4) DIY Brass Himmeli Hanging Planter - Nalle's House
5) Dodecahedron Himmeli Mobile - Aunt Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment