Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Manitoba trip for Grandpa's funeral

I got Nic "The Last Kingdom" to read on the trip, and I'm looking forward to reading it after.
My Dad's dad, Leonard, passed away on Sunday, November 8th. The funeral was in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on November 14th. Mom managed to get Ryan, Deanna, Nic, and me flights on her points, so the four of us were able to get out there. It was Nic's first time in Manitoba!



Friday morning the four of us drove out to my aunt and uncle's farm for a family lunch. Since moving to Toronto, I've definitely missed seeing wide open spaces all teh time.

Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth's dog, Casey


Grandpa's funeral was on Saturday morning. All four of the children shared different aspects of Grandpa's life. It was really cool to find out so many things about him that we hadn't known. It's also always a shock to realize somehow those four kids survived all their shenanigans growing up on the farm!

The Mann cousins


We had the same flight back to Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment