Monday, December 14, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles



Every year my Mom makes these phenomenal peanut butter chocolate truffles, and I devour them. I can never take just one at a time (and  I wonder why my body fat percentage has gone up!) but this year I'm going to try.
The recipe is surprisingly easy, which is good because they disappear so quickly.

Peanut Butter Truffles

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup soft butter
1 1/4 cups icing sugar

Mix well. Chill dough for a minimum of an hour, but you can go longer.
Form into balls by rolling in your hands. You may have to chill dough again in between because it gets soft. 
Place balls on baking pans and chill well or freeze.

8 oz. (225g or 8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate, melted (you'll probably need more)

Melt chocolate in microwave in bowl that is large enough to dip balls. Don't overheat the chocolate.
Dip peanut butter balls in melted chocolate and set on waxed paper on baking pan.
Chill well.

That recipe makes about 2 dozen. My mom usually has to double it because I'm so obsessed. I only made one batch. I should have made more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment