Monday, December 07, 2015

Weekend Getaway to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake


The first weekend in December, Nic and I drove down to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake for a nice date.


What an adorable squirrel!


Love dat husband.



Our bed-and-breakfast room was real into the Captain theme.


Of course, I had to go into the Christmas store.



For dinner we went to Kitchen76, the restaurant of The Two Sisters Vineyard. We shared a margherita pizza and one with spinach, truffle oil, mushrooms (I didn't hate them cuz they were so small!) and pesto. The pizza was great, especially with the homemade chili sauce they provided. I also loved my Riesling, but that's almost always the case.


Every year in Niagara-on-the-Lake they have the Candlelit Stroll, where we donated some money to get candles in containers, then walked around the beautiful homes listening to carollers and other acts.


It was really great weather for it, especially since I was wearing a skirt and tights for our dinner. Afterward, I got a caramel apple spice from Starbucks.


Saturday morning we had breakfast at the B&B, then walked around the town to check out the waterfront.



No comments:

Post a Comment