Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Blundstones are wonderful

Blundstones - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

I used to think Blundstones were absolutely hideous. Several people at my camp wore them and were obsessed, but I just grimaced in pain. Until one of my closest guy friends, who very rarely buys anything, especially anything expensive, bought a pair. If David could buy them, they must be worth it, I thought! That Christmas I bought myself a pair with money from my Oma. 
Blundstones - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca
Thanksgiving Monday at Rattlesnake Point
I bought the 510s in black in a size 5 1/2 (I'm an 8 in Canadian women's sizing). I broke them in, and have loved them ever since.

Blundstones - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca

I brought them on the honeymoon instead of my hiking boots, because I waterproof them every month (or more in the winter) so they would hold up against the Nova Scotian rain. I also wear them on winter hikes.

Blundstones - TheCraftyMann.Blogspot.ca
We're a Blundstone family
Some of my friends have purchased the winter boots, which are shear-lined, for warmth. I don't think that's necessary. I obviously don't wear them if it's -20*C, but up until then they're fine with wool socks.
Nic bought his Blundstones this Christmas with birthday and Christmas money. He loves the "weathered" tan colour they have, but his took a little longer than mine to break in.

No comments:

Post a Comment